Our Kids Klub on a Wednesday evening reaches out to young people in our local area. From Yr three upwards to high school
age all are welcome
We are a growing and developing church, with various groups meeting
regularly on our premises which includes a Warrington Brass band (with both junior and senior sections ). During the week
our premises are also used by a private day nursery. Our history
We seek continually to be a church responding to the needs
of the local community. In the pipeline for development are the following activities:
Singing for Goodness - a
time for social interaction and coffee for the local community.
Film nights - family fun evenings of watching a
film and eating together.
Caring for our Community - practical outreach in our community - painting, gardening
and providing care.
Methodists were recorded
in Latchford around two hundred years ago. Their first meetings were held in a room over a Wheelwright's shop but because
of growing numbers, worshippers moved, first of all to an old barn ( which had been used as a Sunday school since 1872 ) and
then in 1879 to a Temperance Hall. Finally, after much fund raising and hard work our present Church was built and was
opened on 10th October 1894 by the President of the Conference, the Rev. Walford Green.
The Sunday school continued
to meet in the Temperance hall until 1907 when the Church hall was built, a primary wing was added in 1914 and the Church
was enlarged in 1932 by the addition of a beautiful Chancel.
Over the years all the uniformed organisations have
been part of our Church family, we also had a large church choir which won many trophies. Bible classes, guilds, missionary
groups and a ladies' bright hours have come and gone over the years as has a very large youth club in the 1960's.
“To live in the hearts of those we love is not to die”